Resolve Studio Advanced Training
Virtual Classroom Training (Zoom-Meeting) with our Trainer Blake Jones
Der Workshop findet in englischer Sprache statt.
Fragen können jedoch in Deutsch gestellt werden.
– Start with a complete look at Resolve, and what tools are great for the colorist?
– Watermarks, and burnt-in text for editors
– Use the Clone and Media Management tools
– Grade a look for editing from 4K RAW camera files
– Render 1920×1080 ProRes or DNxHD for editing, compressed H264 for the clients, and DPX or EXR for the VFX team
– How to export correctly from a Resolve RAW timeline for editing in Avid/FCP/Premiere
– Conform the finished cut in Resolve using the XML, and what to do if it’s not correct
– Bring in audio WAV files and compare the conform with the offline reference movie
– Swap to the RAW camera files
– Grade a complete project using advanced techniques on supplied material that you can take away
– Complete Primary controls. Lift Gamma Gain, Offset, Curves, and LOG grading, and when to use each tool
– Using the new Magic Mask
– Working with the new Color Warper?
– 8bit versus 10bit? ProRes or DNxHD?
– Color spaces and 4K-8K larger resolutions explained
– Grading dissolves and wipes in a baked timeline
– How to animate shapes and framing with the key-framing tools
– Secondary grading, including the 3D keyer and Hue Curves
– Tracking controls, including the FX and Point Tracker
– Total Nodes and when to use each type including the Shared Node
– Physically add grain and scratches from supplied ICA media
– External mattes: How do they help us?
– NR: we look at the different types
– Creating multiple timelines
Each day we usually start at 10:00 and finish at 17:00.
We also have a lunch break for one hour.
Blake Jones is a world renowned colorist based in Germany. He has over 28 years of experience with all forms of color correction.
Blake started in the industry as a tape operator and his skills were quickly recognized and he soon became a colorist in Hollywood. He started out first color grading films and eventually went on to color grade several major television shows. Eventually Blake went on to do commercial color grading. Blake then came to Holland where he worked as Senior Colorist and Technical Director of Condor Post Production in Amsterdam.
After being at Condor for almost ten years, Blake went to work for Pandora as Director of Training where aside from training colorists around the world he was also the author of the Pogle operator manual. During this time, Blake was also the author of the books “Film into Video: A Guide To Merging The Technologies 2nd Edition” and “Video Color Correction For Non-Linear Editors: A Step By Step Guide” published by Focal Press. Soon after, Blake was hired by daVinci as an independent contractor to conduct colorist training classes throughout the world and was also the author of the Resolve operator manual. Blake has worked with Resolve since it’s conception, so he has an intimate knowledge of the system.
Blake now lives in Germany where he is a colorist instructor and Resolve specialist for Creative Tools/Videocation in Munich. He conducts ICA colorist training classes at their training center. Blake also remains active as a colorist. His credits include commercials for Heineken, Ford, Mastercard and Amstel. Blake works on many different types of projects such as the recent DI restoration of the official Olympic films for the IOC and has color graded over 160 movies including 2001: A Space Odyssey, Poltergeist and A Nightmare on Elm Street to name only a few.
When not working Blake likes astrophotography, underwater photography as well as computers.
Lizenzart eins, Lizenzart zwei
Host eins, Host zwei